Southwest Open Submission Information
The Southwest Open Art Exhibition & Adjudication
July 17 to September 7, 2020
at the West Wing Gallery
Organized by Art Gallery of Swift Current
Sponsored by Swift Current Arts Council
- “Artist Statement” or contact Art Gallery of Swift Current to express intention to participate in The Southwest Open art exhibition on or before Friday, May 1, 5:00 pm
- Artworks may be delivered between Tuesday, May 19 and Tuesday, May 26
- No substitution of artworks may be made after Friday, May 29
- Organization of Saskatchewan Arts Councils Adjudication is Saturday, July 4
- Artworks that have been in previous exhibitions at Art Gallery of Swift Current or West Wing Gallery are not eligible for The Southwest Open art exhibition but are still eligible for adjudication.
- The SW Open is for artists 18 years of age and older.
- All artworks and original craftworks must have been completed within the past three years.
- Five artworks must be submitted. At least three will be exhibited in The Southwest Open. Therefore, at least three of the artworks must not have been shown previously at this gallery. All five will be included in the adjudication process.
- Two-dimensional artworks: at least 3 of the 5 must be ready for hanging. The 2 remaining of the 5 may be submitted unframed, and will not be exhibited, but will be adjudicated.
- No reproductions will be accepted.
- All two-and three-dimensional artwork and craftwork is welcome.
- If you have had artwork in a touring OSAC exhibition, you must wait two years after the tour has ended before OSAC will accept your artwork for advancement. However, you are welcome to exhibit in The Southwest Open.
- Artists submit artwork at their own risk. Artworks are handled to professional gallery standards.
- West Wing Gallery carries appropriate artwork insurance.
- West Wing Gallery will not promote the sale of amateur made artworks during the exhibition.
- Artworks changing ownership must remain in the Gallery for the duration of the exhibition.
- The exhibition will be promoted as a tourist attraction. Images of your art may be used for the purpose of “promoting the exhibition” only.
Please deliver artwork during hours of operation, or call 778-2736 to arrange another delivery time.
Art Gallery of Swift Current
411 Herbert Street East, Swift Current, SK S9H 1M5
Monday to Friday 10:00am to 12:00pm, 1:00 to 5:00pm
Monday to Thursday: 1:00 to 5:00pm & 7:00 to 9:00pm
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 1:00 to 5:00pm
The Southwest Open 2020
Dates to Remember:
- May 1 – Deadline for receipt of Artist Statement/intention to participate
- May 19 – First day that artwork may be delivered to Art Gallery of Swift Current
- May 26 – Deadline for receipt of artworks for The Southwest Open
- June 5 – July 12 – The Southwest Open exhibition at West Wing Gallery
- June 6 – 2 to 5pm – The Southwest Open – Opening Reception Saturday.
Bring your friends!
- Sat July 4 – Adjudications: West Wing Gallery closed to general public this day.
- 10:00 am to 4:00 pm – Individual artist critiques with an adjudicator.
(Arrange your appointment in advance. Call 306-778-2736 after May 20th.)
- 4:30 to 5:00 pm – Adjudicator talk for artists and guests.
Announcement of artists selected for advancement.
Return of artworks to Artist:
Following this exhibition, after July 12, 2020, a date and time may be arranged for you to pick up your artwork. Art Gallery of Swift Current will email artists with artwork pickup dates and times. Thank you for your co-operation.
West Wing Gallery c/o Art Gallery of Swift Current
T: 306-778-2736 F: 306-773-8769
Barb Parchman, Operations Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org