The Southwest Open Art Exhibition & Adjudication
July 28 to September 4, 2017 at the West Wing Gallery
Organized by Art Gallery of Swift Current
Sponsored by Swift Current Arts Council
2017 Submission Information
- “Artist Statement” or contact Art Gallery of Swift Current to express intention to participate in The Southwest Open art exhibition on or before Wednesday, June 28, 5:00 pm
- Artworks may be delivered between Tuesday, July 11 and Tuesday, July 18
- No substitution of artworks may be made after Friday, July 21
- Organization of Saskatchewan Arts Councils Adjudication is Saturday, August 26
- Artworks that have been in previous exhibitions at Art Gallery of Swift Current or West Wing Gallery are not eligible for The Southwest Open art exhibition but are still eligible for adjudication.
- The SW Open is for artists 18 years of age and older.
- All artworks and original craftworks must have been completed within the past three years.
- Five artworks must be submitted. At least three will be exhibited in The Southwest Open. Therefore, at least three of the artworks must not have been shown previously at this gallery. All five will be included in the adjudication process.
- Two-dimensional artworks: at least 3 of the 5 must be ready for hanging. The 2 remaining of the 5 may be submitted unframed, and will not be exhibited, but will be adjudicated.
- No reproductions will be accepted.
- All two-and three-dimensional artwork and craftwork is welcome.
- If you have had artwork in a touring OSAC exhibition, you must wait two years after the tour has ended before OSAC will accept your artwork for advancement. However, you are welcome to exhibit in The Southwest Open.
- Artists submit artwork at their own risk. Artworks are handled to professional gallery standards.
- West Wing Gallery carries appropriate artwork insurance.
- West Wing Gallery will not promote the sale of amateur made artworks during the exhibition.
- Artworks changing ownership must remain in the Gallery for the duration of the exhibition.
- The exhibition will be promoted as a tourist attraction. Images of your art may be used for the purpose of “promoting the exhibition” only.
Please deliver artwork during hours of operation, or call 778-2736 to arrange another delivery time.
Art Gallery of Swift Current
411 Herbert Street East, Swift Current, SK S9H 1M5
Monday to Friday 10:00am to 12pm, 1 to 5pm
Monday to Thursday: 1:00 to 5:00pm & 7:00 to 9:00pm
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 1:00 to 5:00pm
Dates to Remember:
- June 28 - Deadline for receipt of Artist Statement/intention to participate
- July 11 - First day that artwork may be delivered to Art Gallery of Swift Current
- July 21 - Deadline for receipt of artworks for The Southwest Open
- July 28 - Sept. 4 - The Southwest Open exhibition at West Wing Gallery
- July 29 - 2 to 5pm- The Southwest Open - Opening Reception Saturday Bring your friends!
- Sat Aug. 26 - Adjudications: West Wing Gallery closed to general public this day.
10:00 to 4:00 pm - Individual artist critiques with an adjudicator.
(Arrange your appointment in advance. Call 306-778-2736 after July 11th.)
4:30 to 5:00 pm - Adjudicator talk for artists and guests.
Announcement of artists selected for advancement.
West Wing Gallery c/o Art Gallery of Swift Current
T: 306-778-2736 F: 306-773-8769
Barb Parchman, Curatorial and Operations Assistant