Call for Artists

The Art Gallery of Swift Current (AGSC) in partnership with the City of Swift Current is looking for an artist to create unique and original artwork for permanent sensory pathways at 5 elementary schools in Swift Current, Saskatchewan.

Project goals:
  • To create a permanent sensory pathway at the following elementary schools in Swift Current Saskatchewan:
         – O.M. Irwin
         – Central School
         – All Saints Catholic School
         – Ecole Centennial
         – Fairview School
  • Unique and original artwork
  • Project to be completed by September 2022.
  • Artists from Swift Current and immediate surrounding area.
  • Single artist and/or artist teams
  • Artists with portfolio proven capability in producing larger scale work and murals.


AGSC will provide all materials for this project including paint and brushes.
Successful applicants will be paid a fee of $2500. 30% at the signing of the contract and the remaining 70% at the completion of the project.

To apply:

Applicants are to submit a CV, a short bio (300 words MAX), and 5-10 images of previous work, as well as a sketch example of one of the sensory pathways. Please fill out the application form provided and send to Include ‘Sensory Pathway” in the subject line.

Deadline to Apply:  June 6th, 2022.


Short-listed artists will be interviewed by AGSC staff. We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

We will contact potential candidates by June 10th. Interviews will begin shortly after.

This project is sponsored by Saskatchewan Lotteries and the City of Swift Current.


Explore more